Thornley Wildlife Foundation
(The TWF is a not for profit; non monetary; educational and media platform. )
The Thornley Wildlife Foundation is an information platform for endangered species. It was founded by Michael E .Thornley – Adventurer, Author & Naturalist in 2016.
The Conservation of endangered species is wholeheartedly supported by the TWF through a combination of environmental protection & education; habitat repair & rewilding efforts and breeding programs conducted by reputable zoos.
Saving nature through education is at the very heart of what we do at TWF.
It is our mission to find and share the solutions that are saving the myriad array of life that coexists with us on this planet we all call home.
Thus as an individual… YOU… may support these efforts by volunteering either time and/or money to these worthwhile projects.
Thornley Wildlife Foundation – Rewilding with Peter Smith- Wildwood Trust
Yet we all have much to do! Did you realise that humans are behind the current rate of species extinction, which is at least 100–1,000 times higher than what nature had intended. In fact the “WWF’s 2014 Living Planet Report found wildlife populations of vertebrate species—mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fish—have declined by 52 percent over the last 40 years.”
“And the impacts will reach far beyond the potential cultural loss of iconic species like tigers, rhinos and whales.”
THERE IS STILL TIME TO ACT!
The good news is that there are a number successful wildlife recovery stories ranging from southern Africa’s black rhino to Panda Bears in China. And this is done in unison in helping to protect rich and varied ecosystems while ensuring people continue to benefit from nature.
” We MUST NOT fail in our mission to save this living planet and all that she nurtures.”
The Thornley Wildlife Foundation supports many groups that include:
– The World Wildlife Fund
– The National Audubon Society
– The Jane Goodall Institute
– The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
– Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
– Mauritian Wildlife Foundation
– Wildlife Preservation Canada
– Rewilding Europe
– Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology and Sapsucker Woods Sanctuary
– Rhino Fund Uganda
– Association for the Conservation of Threatened Parrots e.V
– Pleistocene Park, Siberia
– Sussex Wildlife Trust, UK
– Wildwood Trust,UK
– Kamp Kenan Reptile sanctuary, USA
– The Turtle Survival Alliance, USA
– The Turtle Conservancy, USA
– State National Park Services
– Australian Zoos active in Conservation
– Afton Street Conservation Park, Aberfeldie, Melbourne, Victoria
– Bob Irwin Wildlife & Conservation Foundation Inc
– Save the Bilby Fund
– Dreamworld Wildlife Foundation
– Edithvale Wetlands, Seaford, Victoria
– Ewen Maddock Dam and Reserve, Mooloolah, Queensland
– Jawbone Marine & Conservation Park, Williamstown, Victoria
– Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve, Maleny, Queensland
– Yellingbo Nature Conservation reserve, Yellingbo, Victoria
Naturalists- the TWF endorses
– Dav Kaufman Reptile Adventures YouTube Channel
– Kenan Harkin Kamp Kenan- (Reptile conservation through Education)
Michael E Thornley
- Facebook forum
- Facebook page
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- © TWF 2017-2019 All rights reserved. Photos and graphics © TWF or used with permission or in good faith to promote conservation.
- #michaelthornleywildlifefoundation #michaelthornleydocumentaries