Providing for a new school and community hall
We are raising funds to complete a school and community hall in Ghana , stock it with supplies, books, desks and other necessities for a primary school Kindergarten to Grade 8. Any amount helps as donations go further. Medaase to all who assist us in securing the future of these beautiful children.
Show your support today!
As you may be aware Ghana and Uganda are the two countries most impacted by this terrible disease that causes necrotic skin wasting, mostly in children. To this day the actual cause of this disease not known and the only treatment is antibiotics (if diagnosed very early) or surgical removal of the infected area.
The problem in Africa is that this is very rarely diagnosed early enough and the patient ends up having to have surgery which often removes a large area.
The aim of this project is to improve diagnosis in the field, better wound treatment and investigation and treatment of the point of infection.
To this end we will be coming to Ghana with the world experts in wound treatment from the Association for the Advancement of Woundcare in Boston, USA. We will also be bringing the latest technology in diagnosis including a newly designed camera that causes the infected areas to fluoresce in the pictures.
Additionally we hope to finally be able to pin down what is actually causing this terrible disease using a new portable DNA lab. As we have already managed to map the DNA of the bacteria that causes the disease we can now test almost anything (wounds, blood, soil, food, water, etc.) for presence of the bacteria within ninety minutes.
This will allow us to also target the root cause of the infections
ROYAL HOUSE OF SEFWI OBENG-MIM
(A Traditional Kingdom in the Western North Region)
- The kingdom goes back in history to ancient times of Ghana.
- The kingdom covers an area of 2,695 square miles crossed by the Tano and Bia rivers. That is approximately the size of the states of Delaware and Rhode Island combined.
- The total population at the last census was 572,020.
- There are five major towns including the capital of Sefwi Wiawso, home of the King’s Palace.
- There are two colleges in the kingdom:
- Wiawso College of Education
- Asafo Health Care College
- English and Akan Twi are the languages.
- Sefwi is the agricultural powerhouse of Ghana and the area is known for export of cocoa, cassava and other agricultural products.
- It is also home to natural resources such as gold, bauxite and timber.
- With cocoa farming as a main occupation of the people, Sefwi produces two thirds of Ghana’s cocoa.
- The Sefwi land is great for investment and development given that is blessed with almost all the natural resources of Ghana.
The Royal House of Sefwi Obeng-Mim has a natural forest reserve with all kinds of animal species and wonderful unique weather conditions. We are the perfect place to go on camera safari in West Africa. There are numerous tourism possibilities besides safaris including many ancestral sites and our famous Yam Festival (Alluolue), held in November. We have the Tree of God (Nyame Dua), the Ancestral Hole (which has healing powers and the Abombirim Sacred Tortoise Forest. We welcome you to visit our beautiful land and help us to develop the land, build schools and clinics, increase tourism and meet our friendly Sefwi people.
Shared with express permission from H.R.H. Oheneba Nana Kwame Obeng II
Copyright © 2019, Royal House of Sefwi Obeng-Mim
All Rights Reserved.