Digital Information Products are the go! – with Michael Thornley
Today’s post was inspired by a message from one of my Mentors Matt Lloyd, CEO of MOBE (My Online Business Education).
Now I am a Titanium Business Consultant for MOBE. Yet the purpose of my blog today is to share with you the mindset and apparent reluctance exhibited by some of people when it comes to purchasing or trusting in digital information products.
My business structure is based on digital information products. These include my published Amazon Kindle Books; my Business Education material with over 100 courses and resources available to you through my partnership with MOBE and my Travel Club offering experiences and opportunities through World Ventures Dream Trips.
” As someone who markets digital information online, you will from time to time meet people who ridicule the idea of paying money in exchange for something they can’t hold in their hand.
Such people don’t understand the potential value of ideas—information you can use to do things, including making money.” Matt Lloyd
This does apply in some cases and in particular to those of an ‘maturing ‘ age 🙂 The younger ones have mostly accepted that we are already well and truly in the ‘Information Age’ (and yes, many of us older ones like me have also! )
” The kind of person who argues that buying digital information is essentially buying nothing (because you can’t hold it in your hand) is the same kind of person who would rather hold on to his $100 and suffer in freezing temperatures—perhaps become ill or even die—because it doesn’t buy him something he can hold in his hand.”
Indeed and perhaps they will never change. Yet let us look at just some examples of where one pays for ‘Information’ I share the following from Mat Lloyd.
” Digital information and downloads are the most modern method for doing something we’ve been doing for centuries: paying people for their knowledge and experience. Here are a few examples of that:
- Education. You can pay five or six figures for a college education. You aren’t paying all that cash just for that piece of paper you get at the end, are you?
- Lawyers. It can be quite costly to hire a lawyer to handle your will, divorce, incorporation, or to defend you in a legal matter. What do you carry out of their office in exchange?
- Consultants. You hire them to advise you on how to expand your business or how to redecorate your home. Even a personal trainer is a consultant for your physical improvement. What do you take delivery of after you pay them?
- Tax preparers. Unless you truly love to do your own taxes, most of us are more than grateful to be able to pay an expert to do it for us and, with electronic filing, walk out their office completely “empty-handed.”
- Plumbers, mechanics. They often give you the benefit of their knowledge, even if they don’t have to replace parts.
- Movies, concerts, sporting events. You buy a ticket and attend the show or event and all you get for the price of your ticket is an experience—nothing you can put in your hand or your pocket (except the actual ticket).”
Therefore we have already been accustomed to this type of service only that so much more is now being offered world wide via the Internet.
I know that from when I first got on the Net that my knowledge and skills have been enhanced immensely. The people I have met ‘online’and continue to learn from in life is totally amazing. AND I have grasped this opportunity with both hands and learnt what I can to continue to improve upon my experiences and my knowledge.
So if you have had some reluctance in expanding your horizons on the Net, then it is time to push out from your comfort zone as you are missing out on so much information and personal growth. I am here to assist you and guide you….. my supporters and my friends….. so please do not be afraid to ask for guidance 🙂
One last question to you…. Have you read my E-books from Amazon yet? If you find the ‘thought’ of reading books in Kindle format a little daunting, I can assure you that it is very easy! Do not be embarrassed and simply as for help 🙂 just send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael E Thornley
- Tianium Business Consultant with MOBE (My Online Business Education) Click Here
- Author of 5 published books on Amazon Click Here
- Travel Representative for World Ventures Dream Trips