Paraprosdokians – What did you say?
I had heard of them and used them but I have never known what they are called. Well now I know…. Paraprosdokians
They are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and is frequently humorous. (Sir Winston Churchill was one who loved them).
1. Where there’s a will, I want to be in it
2. Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up — we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
9. I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
10. In filling out an application, where it says, “In case of emergency, notify…” I answered “a doctor.”
11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
12. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
13. I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure.
14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
15. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
16. You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
17. I’m supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
18 Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
19. How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
20. The last thing I want to do is hurt you … but it’s still on my list.
Paraprosdokians ….My kind of humour 🙂
Michael E Thornley
Author & Lifestyle Entrepreneur
Today's blog post is quite timely for many of you. Once again our guest blogger Kristen Owens hit's the proverbial nail on the head.
Enjoy! Oh and don't forget if you ...
Firstly, you may be asking what is 'Living the Laptop Lifestyle'?
Well it is exactly as is suggested by the title....... you can earn an income via your computer.
With a Laptop ...
Digital Information Products are the go and are Our Future! Don't get left behind.....
Today’s post was inspired by a message from one of my Mentors
Matt Lloyd, CEO of MOBE (My ...
" A healthy body and a healthy mind go hand in hand. There is no such thing as a mind/body split. One of the kindest things you can do for ...
Synchronicity - " the simultaneous occurrence of events which appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection." ....or do they?
Seeing 'signs' or recognising interrelated occurrences happens to all of us. ...
I know a number of You could heed this advice...I also know that from my own experience it is rather difficult to do.
Yet remember, it is only harming You and ...
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
As children, part of the magic of growing is to use our imagination to expand our world ...
Motivation starts now!
I hope that you are all well and achieving your goals in life.
I would also like to apologise for my absence yet I have been productive in setting ...
I would like to share the following article with you.
Credit to the author and source listed below.
'Achieve your dreams'
"Instead of realizing their dreams, too many people never get started, ...
The choice is yours!
It is up to you which one you feed.....you can continue to dwell in self pity or snap out of it and get on with living!
Michael Ellis ...
Live Confidently Courageously – with Kristen Owens
Living the Laptop Lifestyle
Digital Information Products are the go and are
Healthy Mind, Healthy Body…..
Synchronicity – signs, signs, everywhere are signs
Forgive and move on for YOU!
The art of Imagination begins with the innocence
10 reasons why YOU CAN achieve your dreams
Choice- The choice is yours!
This entry was posted in learn
. Bookmark the permalink